Monday, 1 August 2011

Purple Peonies for CASE Study

I got some new Copic markers last week and was searching around in my lunch break at work for an image or two to colour and came across these beautiful digital peony images from a great site called Paper Garden Projects.  I didn't have fun trying to print them off on cardstock at home on our printer as it decided not to go wireless that evening but I was impressed how the ink stayed in place and didn't run when coloured!




I was also cruising blog land at the weekend and discovered the CASE Study blog - they have a challenge on right now to case this beautiful card by Dawn Woleslagle below and I wanted to make a card for a friend to pop in a parcel and I thought that will do nicely! Very simple but shows off the flower well.





Whilst making the first card I thought how the last two times I have needed a sympathy card I have had to rush and make one so this is for keeping tucked away until next time!  The peony is coloured with Copics and the sentiment is from Papertrey Ink, mounted on ripe advocado and royal velvet card.



Thanks for stopping by - have a great week!


7 comments:

Penny said...

So pretty Chris, your colouring really is immaculate!

Betty said...

hi chris - your cards are gorgeous and loving the copic coloring you did - you are so good! you don't need to take a class!!

Cathy at Paper Garden Projects said...

Wow! Stunning cards. You did such a beautiful job coloring them!!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Wowza, I would LOVE to see that image in rubber Wonderful job colouring, and an overall striking design :)

cbuswell said...

WOW, you did an AMAZING job coloring this!! I LOVE it! Thanks for joining us at Case Study this week!

Aimes said...

What a beautiful image, and your colouring is fabby!
Thanks for joining us on CASE study this week!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Sonya said...

Lovely card, Chris.

Hope you and your family are doing fine in light of recent events.

Just wanted to let you know I was thinking of you.