Sunday 22 August 2010

Linen Vellun Note Cards


I took my idea for this set of note cards from Nicole Heady's intro to the Year of Flowers - Daffodils that she made.
I really enjoy stamping on the linen vellum - here I stamped the flowers and dots in matching inks onto the vellum and added a bit of stitching, ribbon and fillable frames to finish.

Summer Sunrise...














Plum Pudding ....

















Lavender Moon....


















Raspberry Fizz...

Looking at that ric rak die - I have made a great discovery for the long dies and the Cuttlebug. I bought a set of long plates called Big Up Your Bug from here - well worth the investment if you use the long Spellbinders or PTI dies.

7 comments:

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous set of cards. Anyone would love it as a gift!

Aimes said...

Chris, these are gorgeous! I've not tried the linen vellum but it look great!
Thanks for the tip about the plates - I definitely need those for my own bug!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Pat said...

They are all so pretty I'd have a hard time chosing a favorite.

Anonymous said...

These are lovely. What a nice gift they would make.

Jill said...

What a delightful set of cards, Chris! They are all sooo pretty!

Michelle said...

I was going to say "what a delightful set of cards" but I see that Jill already said that - LOL But it really is. Love that you used the linen vellum - - I love the texture on that paper and I never personally use it...think I forget about it or something. But this is a great set that would be fun to mass produce for gifts!

Unknown said...

I love these cards! I never remember to use my linen vellum, but I love the way you used it here and the look and texture it gives. I must make a note to myself to use it soon.