Sunday 29 August 2010

Peonies and Roses

I love my Lockheart flower stamps and don't really use them enough. They are lovely to colour and have such detail although they are quite small. Lockheart stamps are hard to get hold of in the UK but I found a lovely online shop in the US which will post them over for under $10 - a bargain! See them here at Susana's Custom Art and Card Design. They arrived super fast too which made me very happy!


The challenge over at A Passion for Papertrey this week is to use polka dots and there is an abundance on these cards!

First off we have peonies (naturally) and they are coloured in melon berry colours - I don't think I have ever come across peachy peonies so forgive me the artistic license.
















Next up is the Daisy and Roses stamp - so pretty and fun to colour. I did go around the flowers with a yellow marker to highlight the white of the flowers but it was too bright and Paul (ever helpful!) said it looked cartoon-like so I toned it down a bit with some grey.






















I wasn't sure where this next peony one was going but I like the black and pink combination!
















All supplies are by Papertrey and Spellbinders.

It's Bank Holiday tomorrow - what could be better than extra crafty time!

9 comments:

Betty said...

hi chris - your cards are gorgeous - i love polka dots too and great copic coloring.

Aimes said...

Totally dotty cards, Chris! Your colouring is fabby as are those sweet stamps!
Thanks so much for joining us on A Passion for Papertrey!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Karen H. said...

Great cards Chris! I love the way you did the matting on the last card - very cool mixing oval & circle and using the pearls too. I gotta try that.

Brenda Weaver said...

You make the best flower cards, Chris! These are so beautiful! Those images are fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards! I love the images you chose they are so pretty and your coloring is awesome!

Tilly said...

Hi Chris. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous cards once again. For all your beautiful creations and inspiration, I'm passing on this Cherry On Top award to you. Please check my blog for details, and I hope you will play along and pass it on too.
Hugs.

Anonymous said...

All three are gorgeous! I love Lockhart stamps as well, but find them a challenge to color. Your coloring, as always, is superb!

Inkyfingers said...

Chris you'e been so productive, but I can see why when you have such beautiful stamps. Great colourways and such expert colouring.
Hugs
Carol x

Vikki Jo said...

Beautiful cards.. love all the coloring! Great job!!!