Sunday 18 September 2011

DT Inspiration Challenge at APFP

"Our new challenge for the next fortnight is to find a card or project created by one of the amazing Papertrey Ink DT members and let it inspire you to create something from it".

I love to go straight to the Papertrey DT's blogs when I get new stamps and usually have a go at one or two as my jumping off point - I'm sure I am not alone!

I didn't have to look far for my inspiration for the first card below as I am a lucky girl and I have the original on my inspiration cork board which Dawn gave to me when I met her and Bartley in London earlier this year.








and here is Dawn's card....





Second off is a case of Maile Bells' lovely Simple Sunflower card.  I was attemping to do a rock and roll technique with the inking of the flowers with versacolour chalk ink but it's not too obvious from the photo.  When I first got the vine boarder I cut loads of strips with odd bits os card so they came in handy for this card.  This is off to Hawaii to a dear and generous friend!







and here is Maile's infinitly better card.......






Right - cards blogged, family fed, ironing for our holiday finished - it's time to settle down for Downton Abbey - so pleased it is back tonight! 
Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely week ahead. I'll be back when we get back from our jollies!

2 comments:

Lee said...

You did a great job with both cards. How wonderful that you got to meet Dawn and Bartley.

victoria h said...

Beautiful cards. Wow - you met Dawn and Bartley and she made you a beautiful card. That's amazing.